Do you help with
a small move?
a small move?
Your solution for a minor move
When you only have a little bit to move—just a few boxes, some furniture and maybe some appliances—you may be tempted to do it yourself by renting a small moving van and asking your friends and family to help. But that’s not always a great idea! Even for a small-scale move, you’re better off calling on the services of a professional moving company!
With their experience and know-how, the team of experts at Martineau Movers can manage every aspect of a small move. They’ll load, transport and unload all of your belongings safely and securely. Don’t risk injuring yourself or damaging your possessions.
Leave your move in the hands of specialists. Martineau Movers has all the necessary moving equipment (mats, harnesses, bubble wrap, etc.) to transport your belongings efficiently, without damaging anything. What’s more, the team at Martineau Movers knows that every move is different, which is why they will adapt their service and price to fit your particular situation.
If you’re in the Greater Montreal area, you can also benefit from their secure storage units, available in a variety of sizes for as little or as much time as you need.
For a trouble-free small move
Unless you’re a professional working in the moving industry, the term “small move” may seem vague to you, so it’s only natural that you might not be quite sure what it’s supposed to designate. While there is no standard definition for the term, at Martineau Movers and other professional moving companies, we generally refer to a move as “small” or “minor” when it involves transporting any of the following:
- A few boxes
- A few pieces of furniture
- The contents of a small condominium or modest-sized apartment
- One or two heavy items, such as a household appliance or a sofa
- A single item that is extremely heavy, such as a piano, a spa, an antique credenza or a pool table
We perform minor moves over short distances, for example, within the same neighborhood or even the same building, but also over long distances. Nevertheless, every move is important to us, regardless of the number of items it entails, so you can rest assured that we’ll carry out your move with utmost rigor and professionalism.
Here are two examples of the types of minor moves we handle on a regular basis:
- An elderly couple moving out of their home or large apartment to live in an assisted living facility
- A young adult moving out of his or her parents’ home to live in a dormitory or to share a place with one or more roommates
To ensure that your next small move is a big success, we’d like to offer a few tips:
- Prepare for your change of residence a few months in advance.
- Sort through your things. This especially applies to people who are moving into a smaller place or to seniors who have accumulated numerous possessions over the years. By getting rid of things you no longer use or clothing you no longer wear, you’ll have fewer boxes to transport.
- Opt for a variety of different-sized boxes and label each one clearly.
At your service for minor moves
Regardless of the size of your move, Martineau Movers always offers you only the highest quality of service! Our team of professional movers will evaluate your specific needs so you can enjoy absolute peace of mind during your move. For your minor move, you can count on us to provide full service, including the following:
- A clear, precise personalized estimate of the price
- A team of experienced professional movers who can adapt to your needs
- An insurance policy covering up to two million dollars in liability
- Safe, secure loading, transport and unloading of all your heaviest items with the use of specialized moving equipment
If you wish, we can also offer you these additional services:
- Packing and unpacking of your belongings, as well as careful disassembly and reassembly of your furnishings
- Short- or long-term storage of your possessions in our secure, heated storage units with easy 24/7 access
Small-scale moves in Montreal, Saint-Laurent, Vaudreuil, the West Island and surrounding areas
Martineau Movers is well-established in the Greater Montreal area. In fact, we have four different locations to serve you better at the best price: Vaudreuil-Dorion, West Island, Saint-Laurent and LaSalle. Regardless of the scale of your residential or commercial move in Montreal or the surrounding areas, we’ll make sure it goes smoothly, efficiently and effortlessly.
We also have three different storage facilities in the Montreal area, located in the city of Montreal, Vaudreuil-Dorion and the West Island. So you can store your belongings safely and securely (in clean, dry, heated storage units equipped with a surveillance camera) for the amount of time you wish (short- or long-term) in a storage space that meets your needs and offers you easy access 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Do you need help with a minor move in Montreal and the surrounding areas?
You can count on the experts at Martineau Movers for top-quality work at an affordable price. If you need to move quickly, find out about our express moving service.