Are you moving soon and the time has come to pack your boxes? To help you keep your cool during this inevitable part of your move, here’s our best advice for finding all the moving boxes you need. You’ll save time, money…and energy!
- Department stores
- Convenience stores
- Warehouse stores
- Liquor stores
Other places where you can find free boxes for your move
Facebook : call on your network of friends and ask them if they might have a few empty boxes lying around somewhere.
You’ll find numerous people selling or giving away boxes.
The advantages of new moving boxes
If your move is coming up soon and you want to make things easier for yourself or if you have breakable items and want to make sure you can transport them securely, it might be a great idea for you to purchase new moving boxes.
You can find cardboard boxes at department stores like Walmart, renovation centers like Home Depot and Lowe’s, companies specializing in shipping and packing, and office supply stores. There are several other reasons why purchasing new boxes might be your best option:
- Having estimated the cost of your move, your mover already has a good idea of what items you’ll be moving and can therefore advise you as to how many boxes and what kinds of packing materials you’ll need.
- The cost is very reasonable, and having boxes that are all the same format can facilitate their transport.
- Your moving company specializes in…moving! So the company will have boxes that are perfectly adapted to the items being transported, for example:
- Smaller boxes for heavy items like dishes and books
- Larger boxes for light items like toys and bathroom articles
- Wardrobe boxes, which will not only save you a lot of time when packing and unpacking but will also prevent your clothing from becoming wrinkled
An alternative to moving boxes: renting bins!
Why not! Cardboard boxes aren’t your only option for moving your possessions. Very practical, as they’re easy to stack, bins will help you save space in the moving truck. They’re also very sturdy. They’re equipped with airtight covers to protect your belongings and have handles, making them easy to carry.
To find bins, check with movers, warehouses, equipment rental companies and companies that lease containers.
A few things you should know about moving bins:
- The prices vary, but you can expect to spend about a hundred dollars to lease around thirty bins for a week.
- The rental period and number of bins can vary from one company to another.
- Leasing bins is more environmentally friendly than purchasing new boxes.
- Rental bins are always cleaned and disinfected after each use.
Where to find used boxes: asking your mover
Are you doing business with a moving company? They’ll surely be able to provide you with all the boxes you need. Just make sure you don’t wait until the last minute to start packing them!
Martineau Movers is your best resource for a worry-free move. Contact us for more information!